If you are looking for a job as an IT support Portland which specializes in security analysis, then you must know first every detail that comes with the job. And in this post we will explore all the necessary information that is beneficial for you in your job hunt as an Information Security Analyst.
What is the job of Information Security Analysts?
And Information Security Analyst is in-charge of the design and execution of your client’s IT security systems. You are tasked to safeguard the computer networks against the malicious cyber attacks of black hat hackers. It is also your responsibility to monitor any security vulnerabilities or potential problems, install preventive measures like security software, computer codes, and any type of cybersecurity that could cripple the business of your clients. And it is also you job as an IT support Portland to create an awareness among all the employees within the organization regarding cybersecurity, so they can help maintain the security of the company and not allow cyber criminals to penetrate the networks and systems of their place of work.
Requirements of becoming an Information Security Analyst
Like all other job in the world, the position as Information Security Analyst comes with requirements. You must have a Bachelor’s degree in any course related to Information Technology, most preferably a degree in computer science. And when you apply for the job, your prospect employers are often looking for at least three years of experience in the field of information security. But do not worry of you are a fresh graduate and had only a job experience as an intern. There are still companies that hire new blood, but of course you will be asked to prove yourself once you get the job, and you cannot disappoint the bosses who put their trust in you.
And aside from a bachelor’s degree, you need to have a vast knowledge in different operating systems especially MAC. Your job as an IT support Portland requires you to know how to process penetration testing in networks and systems in order to expose vulnerabilities that can be exploited by black hat hackers. It is also your responsibility to install the needed cybersecurity software to prevent cyber criminals from attacking the networks and systems of your clients. And of course you must have great communication skills in both oral and written, since you are indeed a professional IT support, and you are dealing with the decision makers of the company. Plus, it is a requirement to know how to handle a more secure IDPS concepts, antivirus, firewalls, and patch management.
Information Security Analyst Job Overview
The job as Information Security Analyst is not easy, but it is very rewarding in terms of monetary gains and escalating confidence in being an IT support. Let us try to dissect the roles expected for this job.
- Set up the necessary security measures and manages the company security software.
- Execute upgrades, updates, and modifications of the security software of the systems.
- As an IT support Portland Information Security Analyst, it is your job to process penetration testing so you can check for weaknesses in the networks and systems.
- The antivirus software of the company needs constant upgrades, and it is your role to install the needed antivirus programs to protect the networks, systems, and hardware of your clients.
- Test and assess the latest technologies to ensure that they are perfect for the cybersecurity of your client’s company.
- Evaluate IT requirements and offer proper suggestions about how to handle security requirements regarding cybersecurity.
- Collect comment from the end users in order to check for anything that could enhance the security systems of the company.
- Plan, explore, assess, and execute exceptional IT security strategies that are super efficient.
Information Security Analyst Job Qualifications
Most companies hiring for Information Security Analyst are setting the qualifications for the job. Here are the basic qualifications as an IT support Portland Information Security Analyst:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, preferably with an MBA
- More than 3 years experience working in the field of information security
- Highly knowledgeable with OS and MAC
- Proficient in both oral and written communication
- Skilled in penetration testing and creating strategies for fixing vulnerabilities
- Complete comprehension regarding patch management
- Extensive learning about antivirus, firewalls, and IDPS concepts
- Vast experience in gathering information about security problems, plus security software installation
Salary of Information Security Analyst
The compensation that you receive as an Information Security Analyst depends on your experience. Most of the time, if you have more than five years of experience in this field, you get higher compensation compared to those who have less than five years of working experience. Also, the company compensation varies in different organizations. If a company is a large, then you can expect higher salary, and if the company is small, then the wage is not that large. And in reality, the median salary of IT support Portland Information Security Analyst is about $98,000, but it could be less or more than that depending on your position, experience, and size of the company. But of course, you can always demand for a higher salary if you believe that your skills and experience are worth every penny.
Tips on getting hired as an Information Security Analyst
You need to understand that there are so many ITs vying for the same job as you, so you need to make sure that you have leverage that will make you stand out among the rest of the applicants. Here are some tips to get your considered more than other applicants:
- Create a professional and practical resume and portfolio
- Get as much certifications as you can involving cybersecurity and information security
- Appear professional at all times during your job interview
- Show off your skills
Do everything you can to get the job as an IT support Portland Information Security Analyst. Use your knowledge and skills to impress your potential employers through your superior professionalism.