For some a lack of IT resources is a bleak business model
Information technology is a cornerstone of modern companies. Some do not have the resources for strong IT though, and in those cases turn to an MSP. But what happens when a business with a weak IT doesn’t take advantage of the help offered by managed service providers? Well, it’s not a pretty situation.
Without an MSP, here are some realistic scenarios of what any company can face, small or large.
IT Facing Problems
Cybersecurity Threats and More
Malware, hackers, ransomware, phishing scams, and a host of other security issues plague the industry. With the rise of the COVID-19 pandemic, businesses are also turning to remote solutions to shore up employment weaknesses, which has only increased threat surfaces.
This means there are more threats to a company’s network infrastructure, among things.
Businesses typically defend against this with their own cybersecurity resources. Failing than, an MSP. But without an MSP, they’re left exposed on multiple levels.
- They’ll be missing out on expert advice and 24/7 support
- They won’t have BDR options in place or things to recover data in case of emergency
- Loss of network monitoring and other active cybersecurity protocols
- Reliance on break/fix solutions
- Risk of suffering extreme financial cause due to downtime
- Lastly, brand damage and loss of consumer faith over record losses
Gaps in Expertise
It’s not always enough to have IT staff. Experts and critically trained IT specialists are the core of a functional IT infrastructure. It’s easier said than done, however, because gaps in IT staff do exist. Third-party providers are often happy to shore up this gap. Without them, though, issues occur.
- Without experts, new and current problems cannot be addressed in an efficient fashion
- Even when fixes occur, long term solutions aren’t guaranteed and may increase the chances of an error returning
- Exacerbates all current problems without proper IT staff
- Forces a business to yet again rely on break/fix solutions which are not helpful for long term growth
No Path to Innovation
Experts do a lot of things. They also provide clear tech-based roadmaps that benefit a company. It’s another way of saying they help elect systems and policies. A business, for instance, that adopts any and all IT policy “just because” is headed for trouble. Not only because efficiency takes a hit, but so do capital and costs. Remember: expensive doesn’t equate to good.
Without an MSP, a company is likely to suffer the following:
- Lack of appropriate software/hardware solutions which adds to the efficiency problem
- No clear path to finding ways to improve worker proficiency
Fatigued Response Times
In the event of security disasters, IT problems, or other unforeseen issues, a lack of MSP resources means that when problems do occur, the resolution time to increase them is lengthier than it needs to be.
Without an MSP, delays happen everywhere, adding to the overall costs. The longer an IT issue persists, the more it takes a toll on a business’ finances. Also, an MSP provides availability 24/7. On site staff may not be available all the time, leading to yet further delays and creating additional problems.
What can I do?
These are just a handful of things impacting companies. So, the ideal solution is to find an MSP that works best for their needs.
To learn more about MSPs and what services Bytagig can offer you, contact us today.